Long Term Residency permits non-EEA nationals who have been in the State on the basis of work permit/work authorisation/working visa conditions:, with corresponding permission to reside on Stamp 1 or Stamp 4 permission, to apply for a more secure status. If the application is successful, a grant of permission to remain on Stamp 4 conditions for five years will be granted.
In order to qualify for Long Term Residency, an applicant must fulfil the following criteria:
- The applicant must have a minimum of 60 months (5 years) reckonable residence on the date the application is submitted;
- Only legal residence in the State on work permit, work authorisation or working visa conditions will be counted as reckonable residence for the purposes of any Long Term Residency application;
- The applicant must have up to date Permission to Remain in the State when they apply;
- The applicant must be in gainful employment when they apply and during and after the application process;
- The applicant must be of good character.
- Any period of time for which the applicant did not have permission to remain is not counted when reckonable residence is calculated.
The spouse and/or dependant(s) of a holder of Long Term Residency on Stamp 4 conditions may also apply for Long Term Residency. In order to apply for Long Term Residency as a spouse/dependant, the applicant must be legally resident in the State as a spouse/dependant for the required 60 month period (i.e. minimum of 5 years). Successful applications from those who apply as a spouse/dependant will only be granted Permission to Remain on a Stamp 3.