The Immigration Service Delivery have announced another bridging permission this year for English Language course students who have successfully completed a course and are subsequently enrolled in a Higher Education Programme commencing by end of October 2024.

The bridging permission is a short-term Stamp 2 permission granted until 30th September 2024.

This is relevant for English language students moving to higher education in the coming academic year, whose stamp will expire before they can commence their new course.

This permission is on the basis that applicants will be in a position to provide documentary evidence of a confirmed and fully paid Higher Education Programme listed on the Interim List of Eligible Providers (ILEP) and that the programme commences in September 2024.

Students wishing to avail of this bridging permission must have:

  • An in-date IRP card or a card that has expired within one month when applying for the bridging permission;
  • Successfully completed a 3rd English Language course listed on the ILEP or successfully completed a 2nd English Language course listed on the ILEP on or after 1st July;
  • Have enrolled in and paid fees in full for a Higher Education Programme listed on the ILEP;
  • Apply for a renewal (bridging permission) via their local immigration office.

The bridging permission will allow non-EEA nationals who have successfully completed their 2nd or 3rd English language courses and who are progressing to a Higher Education Course to remain in the State pending commencement of their course.

The full announcement can be found here:

This blog article has been prepared on the basis of current immigration law and policy, which is subject to change. Please keep an eye on our blog and Facebook page where articles relating to updates and changes in immigration law and policy are regularly posted.